Friday, September 11, 2020

ON Cloudventure Waterproof, walking on clouds.

In preparation for this fall I decided to invest in a new pair of shoes that would keep my feet happy and dry even during wet conditions.

For this I ventured into town and visited sport and outdoor shops to try on different brands and types.. but I was unable to find anything that felt good on my feet.

In the last store I saw a pair of ON Cloudventure in the wrong size and it was the last pair.. They felt different compared to the other shoes I had looked at. and they managed to poke my interest enough to make me spend the evening researching them. 

So, after an evening of reading reviews I decided to order a pair directly from ON.

I used their size guide, knowing that Salomon size 44 works for me, the guide suggested 45. I chose mustard yellow as he color and clicked buy. Felt safe with the 30 day return policy.

Delivery was to the door by UPS on Friday lunch, was estimated for Wednesday the week after. A pleasant surprise and the weekend promised rain so even better with a pair of new waterproof shoes.

And for honesty, I'm a sucker for the name 'Cloudventure', just makes me want to try them!  : )

First impression


Inner side view and top view of ON Cloudventure Waterproof Mustard
Inner side view and top view of ON Cloudventure Waterproof Mustard. I like how they say 'No excuses' inside the shoes!

Bottom sole view and top view of ON Cloudventure Waterproof Mustard.

Just putting them on right when they arrived and I knew that I had made the correct choice. Compared to other shoes that I tried during this search, these felt comfortable from the start, very light and easy to walk in. At least indoors.

First time outdoors testing was a 3 km walk in dry conditions on an exercise track with topping of wooden chips. A lot of up and down gradients. And no problems here either, no hint of blisters or anything like that. Just felt good to walk in. Even though I have problems with my right foot from my chemotherapy with numbness etc. these felt OK. Other shoes can get a 'floating' feeling on that foot.

Three pine cones lodged into the sole of ON Cloudventure Waterproof. One of our cats, Pixel, in the background.

When I came home I noticed that three pine cones had lodged them into the sole. Need to check if this happens often or if they clean out by themselves. I did not notice anything during my walk but that could have been thanks to my numb foot as well..

Waterproof or not?



I've done one walk in the forest after some heavy raining and I tried to walk through all the puddles, wet grass and wander around without any trail to walk on and to my surprise, my feet kept dry. So in my book, good enough for me.

Heel slippage

This is a problem that I have with all my shoes. So no surprise here, it is not much and can be helped with lock lacing. Kind of takes away the problem.


Disclaimer
I bought these products myself and this is my opinion on them. I am in no way affiliated with the manufacturer of this product. I like to link to other sites and I am not paid for that. Feel free to share on social media if you found anything in this post helpful! That would mean a lot for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

ON Cloudventure Waterproof, walking on clouds.

In preparation for this fall I decided to invest in a new pair of shoes that would keep my feet happy and dry even during wet conditions. Fo...